Why Vinegar I asked? Why is Vinegar so Eco friendly AND a good cleaning agent?
Why & How I am going to use vinegar:
– It’s natural
– minimal fumes
– Kills mould & bacteria (great for bathrooms as the chemical alternatives stink)
– Great for use as a softener in the laundry (add half a cup)
– Spray around areas where ants are entering your house – they hate strong fumes.
– Use to un clog drains (when combined with bicarb soda)
– Can be used on plants to get rid of any fungus growth or bugs (but be wary that some plants will die if too much vinegar is used – dilute if necessary)
– Added with bi carb soda it can act as a bleaching agent for chopping boards and other tough to move stains.
But then I found this fabulous site:
Which basically tells readers that although Vinegar is a good alternative to other chemicals the way it is produced is not so eco friendly.
NOW WHAT DO I DO?
From what I have read on her blog (and then double checking on others) is to check how the vinegar has been made – esp checking for numbers(no E260), origin and ingredients.
So here I go, this week’s challenge is to see how my vinegar cleaning goes and to start researching the other natural products I have bought.
Eco Sydney is in progress!